Offices all over Sydney produce all manner of waste. From paper waste, to food, to plastic and electricals, this office junk needs to be dealt with properly.
That’s why it’s always important to hire a professional Sydney rubbish removal company like Sydney City Rubbish.
We know commercial waste better than most. That’s why we’ve put together this list of surprising facts about office junk.
• 20-30% of all waste generated by office workers actually constitutes food waste. That doesn’t include wrappers or containers.
• Up to 35% of all food in offices around Australia is thrown in the bin. This is why proper portion control is so important!
• Each office worker produces about a kilogram of paper waste on an average day. That’s still happening, despite the technology we have at our fingertips.
• An office employee will use about 10,000 sheets of paper every single year. In larger organisations, that could be heading towards one million sheets annually.
• Paper and paper products make up about 70% of all of the waste that’s produced by offices around Sydney.
• Did you know that paper and cardboard products can be recycled about 5-7 times?
• Almost half of all information printed out on paper ends up in the bin by the end of the day. Unfortunately, a big chunk of that isn’t put into the recycling bin, either.
• It takes about 324 litres of water to make 1 kilogram of paper! That’s just one of the reasons as to why we should use it more carefully.
• The total value of all raw materials in e-waste is worth more than the Gross Domestic Product of over 100 countries.
• E-waste is extremely recyclable. In fact, e-waste in general is about 95% recyclable by weight.
• E-waste constitutes all sorts of electrical waste. For example, computers, phones, tablets, appliances and more.
• Plastic bottles constitute one of the most common forms of waste in the office. That’s easily avoidable with reusable bottles.
• Only about 20% of plastic single use water bottles are actually recycled.
• It’s extremely easy to set up recycling bins in your office! The more bins you implement and the more you educate employees, the more likely recycling is to take place.
• The average office worker produces about 2kg of total waste, each day. In an office of 500 employees, that’s one tonne of waste, every single day!
• Offices that have a sustainable waste management framework actually report happier employees.
To discuss an office junk removal service for your office, get in touch with Sydney City Rubbish here.